Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Starting Over

First I want to say how very grateful I am to those who have continued to visit my website and blog over the past four months. As you can tell, I've been away from both since May. As it happens sometimes, life turns on a dime and we find ourselves dealing with completely unexpected changes. My world turned upside down in May when my husband abruptly, without warning, decided to leave and file for divorce. Turns out he had someone on the wire and he remarried before the ink was dry on the divorce papers! So, even though it was the most painful experience I've known, I am now healed and ready to live my life with honesty and the real love of the people who guided me to the peaceful, faith-filled place I now embrace.

I know it seems miraculous to claim to be healed in such a short time. Maybe it's because I've been hurt before, and survived ... many times in fact. Mainly though, I was fortunate enough to have an amazing support network of friends, family, church, counsel, and neighbors who rallied around me and lifted me up through the confusion, pain and complete remodeling of my life over these past 4 months. The counseling I received, the love of friends and family who listened to me cry, rage, pray, repair and recover, having my children to care forhelp to cope with the changes, and getting a new job that gave me confidence, creativity and courage, all of these things, plus realizing that God has a new plan for my life, combined to bring me clarity, hope, strength and determination to move forward.

And now it is time for me to start over with my business and bring new life to it. It will take some time to rebuild, to make new product and regenerate interest in my designs. But I am excited at the chance to start fresh and get things rolling once again with my passion for this business.

Once again, thank you to all who have reached out to me, showing me support, giving me comfort, being true friends and continuing to believe in me through the darker days of these life changes. I am really, truly, very happy and looking forward to flinging open the doors of my life to see what amazing things lie ahead!

First up ... I'm preparing for my very first Fall Festival! I've never done an arts and crafts show, but a friend wants me to share a booth at our local town fair in October, so I'm going for it! Wish me luck!!!

10 comments:

Sew Bee It Clothier said...

Dearest Dianne, you WILL be okay. I just know it. I have been thru something similar after 22 1/2 years of marriage. He still managed to turn 2 or my three children against me. One I have painstakenly repaired our relationship with. My only son, not at all. He is 24 and it hurts me more than words can say. Beating stage 3 Breast cancer was easier.
You are so deserving of much more.
God does have a plan for each of us. We do not know the road map. Imagine how boring everyday might be if we did? Stay true to yourself, be with others that truly care, and stay creative! It will get better.....I promise.
Alison in Tampa

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

So sorry to hear of the pain you've endured. I wish you the very best as you start on a new journey in your life. I'm sure there are great things to come for you! ; )
~Michele

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Dianne ~
Ohhhh I am so sorry to hear that! But I am glad to hear that you are coming through it really well ~
Lots of hugs and prayers to you sweet friend!

xoxo
Lori

Vanilla said...

I'm so sorry you had to live through this, and at the same time amazed that you have conquered serenity in such a short time. I admire you, because it took me 14 years to overcome the same story!!!
Thanks for sharing!

Dianne Hadaway said...

Thank you to each of you who have commented. I so appreciate the good wishes and support. Vanilla, I just want to say, I had been down this road once before - being cheated on, and I grieved for many years over it. This time I decided that this weasel was not worth giving my energy and any more of my lifetime to. He didn't deserve the kind of love and commitment I'm able to give, but there's someone else out there who does. Any time I spend on a man who would hurt me and my children so callously would be totally wasted time, and time is short my friend. I intend to enjoy every moment possible of my life!

Elaine said...

You are an amazing and strong woman, a beautiful soul, and a life long forever friend!!!! I know that you will succeed in this new life that is now embracing you. I'm sure that you will embrace it in return. Take it and run with it, girlfriend. You're the BEST!!! Love ya bunches and bunches!!!
Elaine

Lilli Blue said...

Dianne you are a such a worth while human being. I'm glad you are back and you are flourishing. I love you and support the good you will bring in the new expression of Momma's pocket Book.

Sharon said...

You amaze me! I am happy you are in a positive place in your life~ a good choice to make. May God's grace keep you always. ~xo~Sharon
ps~ what a weasel!

Anonymous said...

Dianne, I could have wrote that story myself. The exact same thing happened to me almost 2 yrs. ago, but I found pictures to let me know he was cheating. He just walked away didn't pay another bill on the house (which is now in foreclosure) or any other bill. Now I am raising 3 girls on my own. I totally understand about feeling so much better though. God, my friends, sister and church helped me through. God also brought me an amazing man. You will be better off for this I promise! Good luck to you and God Bless!!!

Anonymous said...

I went searching for you. I had missed you and now I kmow why and am so sorry. God has met you at your deepest pain as He always does. I hope I can reconnect now. Thanks for sharing!!!
Customer Anne Peterson in CA